Remember what it was like preparing to begin your service, nervous, excited, scared, impatient? NorCalPCA and Peace Corps are teaming up to host and Around the World send off with prospective and current applicants and families. We need RPCVs volunteers for country of service displays and to be on hand to talk to nominees and applicants about countries, assignments and safety to help calm their nerves and reassure their family and friends about Peace Corps service.
Volunteers will be sharing a table with 2-3 others from your region with opportunity to talk with PC applicants, prospects, and fellow RPCVs. Some suggestions of items to display include:
· Clothing (wear something and/or display on the table)
· Fabric/tablecloths, textiles
· Photos of your country & your service
· Artifacts – masks, bowls, baskets, jewelry
· Language training manual or other materials from training or service
· Sample food (small amounts for people to try)
Remember you will be sharing with 2-3 others who served in the same region, so you will not need to bring a whole table of things. Also – even if you have no items to exhibit, you have your stories and experience to share!
The South Berkeley Senior Center is across the street from the Ashby BART station. If you are driving you can use their lot as well.
If you are attending or wish to volunteer please fill out the RSVP/Volunteer form below.