« Back to Event Calendar
Peace Corps Conference
1/25/14 Sat (1:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
South Berkeley Senior Center
2939 Ellis St, Berkeley, Berkeley
Contact:Will Spargur (will [AT] norcalpca [DOT] org)
Join returned Peace Corps Volunteers from around Northern California to celebrate, learn and share experiences from over 100 countries. There will be exciting presentations from recently returned volunteers from Vanuatu, Azerbaijan, Senegal and many other countries, sneak peeks at volunteer created films, photography exhibit, panel discussions, story telling workshops and a Town hall on current Peace Corps initiatives.
There will also be workshops for recently returned volunteers focusing on how to successfully transition back to life in the states including resume reviews, translating your Peace Corps experience into effective interviewing and using noncompetitive eligibility to land a Federal job.
We need Volunteers!!!
Volunteer to help here.
Schedule of Events
The Peace Corps Conference Sessions from 1pm-4pm are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Country Presentations: China, Senegal, Indonesia
- Volunteer Films
- Mali Photo Journey
- Story Telling Workshop: Intro to Story Telling
- Recent Returnee Workshop and resume reviews, interviewing
- 2012 Evacuation of Mali Presentation and Panel
- Country Presentations: Vanuatu, Costa Rica, Azerbaijan
- Story Telling Workshop 2: Ab Lib Session
- Recent Returnee Workshop and resume reviews, interviewing, using noncompetitive eligibility
4pm-6pm NorCal Annual General Meeting
- Peace Corps Townhall
- Country Presentations: Dominican Republic, Kenya, Ukraine
- Storytelling Workshop: Tell Your Story Tonight
- Resume Review/Mock Interviews
FREE. NorCal membership only (Check your membership status)
6pm-8pm International Dinner and Story Grand Jam
- Elections of New NorCal Board Members
- Annual Report on NorCal Activities
- Program breakout sessions where members can get involved in planning activities for 2014.
Members $27/Nonmembers $33/Children $7
All proceeds from dinner are going to help pay for the conference.
Online Ticket Sales Closed. A limited number of tickets will be sold at the event.
Enjoy a dinner featuring food from around the world (Thai, Indian, Ethiopian) and an evening of unforgettable entertainment with our grand slam story hour where our best returned volunteer storytellers of the last year will strut their stuff. Meat and veggie options will be available.
Support the Mission
Your membership donation supports our mission of bringing a human perspective to world events. Become a member today.
Mar 24 Storytelling Practice
Want to tell a story at the Lost in Translation Story Jam on April 21, but feeling a bit nervous? Never fear! Come on down for our Practice Storytelling Session.
Open and free to all. Pizza will be provided. Details and RSVP Info Here>>
June 5-6, Peace Corps Connect
Registration is Open!
The National Peace Corps Association and the Northern California Peace Corps Association are pleased to announce that Peace Corps Connect will take place in Berkeley, Calif. on June 5-6, 2015. We look forward to a weekend of engaging speakers, dynamic workshops and opportunities for participants to network and share their Peace Corps stories! Details>>