Third Goal Report October
Last Update: 11/3/2013 2:28 PM
Alan Toth performs Peace Corps Poster, Oct 30
Click to view
Over 40 people packed Extreme Pizza in San Francisco to listen to the Oct 30 NorCal Scary Story Slam and it was standing room only. We did have a few glitches with the sound system but thankfully not too bad. Alan Toth started off strong with “The Peace Corps Poster” and Tess Marstaller brought it all home at the end with “La Blanche”.
Speaker Bureau October
October was a busy month for our Speakers Bureau we placed 12 RPCV speakers spread out between
- IDEX in SF
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- North Star Academy in Redwood City
- Two requests for personal interviews
November 7, We have our next story jam series in the South Bay starting with a workshop in Palo Alto, Practice Slam on Nov 20th and the Jam scheduled for Dec 4th
Nov 21 in Oakland, we have a recently returned volunteer, Andrew Schafer (China 2011-2013) presenting on his service.
Speakers Bureau November
- Nov 6,13,20 UC Berkeley - 6 RPCVs
- Nov 13 College of Marin's International Education Week – 1 RPCV
- Nov 14 SF State International Education Week – 4 RPCVs
- Nov 19 Shasta High school, Redding – 1 RPCV
- Nov ? Grant Elementary, Petaluma – 1 RPCV
Check out current volunteer opportunities here
Support the Mission
Your membership donation supports our mission of bringing a human perspective to world events. Become a member today.
Aug 18 Don't Tell Mom Story Jam
Join us for Beyond Borders Don't Tell Mom Story Jam where we explore why we do things we would never tell our mothers.
Aug 31 Grants Application Due
The deadline for Grants applications is Aug 31st! The NorCal Grants Program provides $500-$2000 for community development projects around the world.